Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mourinho 'emotional' over Ferguson exit

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho admits he was devastated to hear the news that Sir Alex Ferguson was retiring as Manchester United manager at the end of the season.

The former Porto, Chelsea and Inter boss revealed the United legend and called him personally to inform him of the decision.

Mourinho said he was saddened to hear the Scot’s 26-year reign at Old Trafford was coming to an end and admitted fielding a team against the Premier League champions will never feel the same again.

"When Sir Alex called me to give me the honor of knowing from him his decision, I was surprised and sad," he said in an interview with Sky Sports. "It will be difficult for me, and I think all managers, to go to Old Trafford and play against Manchester United without this mythical figure waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment